Friday, February 15, 2008

Home!

Wow. The past few days have absolutely been a blur. I remember the snow and ice. I remember all of the waiting and frustration at home waiting on the hospital to call and say a bed had opened up. I remember being tired. Then Andrew Franklin was born and I remember forgetting all of that stuff.

It's hard to believe that Drew is finally here, and that today we all got to come home. I remember when we brought Ally home. I remember thinking "Uh, oh. We're on our own and we have this baby that is completely dependent on us. What do we do!?..." It was pretty overwhelming and kind of scary. I still felt like a kid myself and suddenly I'm responsible for a kid!? With Ben, we were anxious to finally get him home since he had to stay in the hospital longer. There was a sense of relief because he was getting healthier and stronger. There was still a little uncertainty in going from 1 child to 2, but mostly relief.

This time, I'm just ready for all of our family to be together. I love being a dad. I love all of these crazy kids running around the house. I love what our family has become and is becoming.

Welcome home, Andrew.

-Jeff

No comments: