Monday, August 11, 2008

Back at the lake

First weekend back in Corbin and we managed to get back down to the lake with friends. It was nice. I love it there and I hope that we can do it often. It's fun watching the kids get to do things that are new to them, but I kind of took for granted being around when I was growing up. I had the same thought as we were sitting out in the back yard the other night watching the deer eat apples that had fallen from Dad's apple tree. (It has now become my quest to get some really good pictures of those deer, by the way. I'm sure there are goofy stories that will be slightly embarassing to me and are the kind that make Kel wonder why I get obsessed over not-so-important things to follow soon . . .)

I'd call our first week back a very good one. Mom and Dad have been very flexible and gracious as we have moved our family in and taken over half of their house. I'm sure it doesn't hurt that they now have full access to the grandkids. (what, you guys are here too?) Believe it or not, it was never my plan to turn 30 and then move back in with my parents.

I'm sure it wasn't my parents' plan either, but I'm thankful that they don't seem to mind.

-Jeff

2 comments:

Nathan and Meg said...

Wow I am proud of Allie for getting in the water! The last time I saw her near water was at your house on Memorial Day -- she avoided the water on the Slip n Slide! =)

Jeff said...

Haha, that's the truth. Not only that, but we didn't happen to take a bathing suit so she actually just jumped in with her clothes on. Wierd, huh?