Thursday, September 18, 2008

Limbo

That's where I live these days. I'm back home, in far more ways than one, but not quite home yet. We're getting there -- this week we got both a contract to sell our house as well as a contract to buy one here. Things are moving and there's some sense of normalcy on the horizon. Well, there's the familiar craziness that seems normal to us at this point, anyway. :)

It seems like our lives have kind of been on hold the last several weeks. I know it's due to the circumstances -- I mean, what 30 year old guy doesn't dream of moving his wife and kids back in with Mom and Dad? They've been very gracious, though. It's not like my crew can move into a house unnoticed. Actually, they keep telling us they love it and really enjoy having the kids around. It's a good thing, because we're pretty sure we're going to leave one or two of them here when we move out.

I'm interested in how the kids see all of this. We never moved when I was growing up. My parents bought their farm not long after they were married and all through my childhood that's where I lived. When we move into our new house, it will be the fourth that Ally has lived in and she's not even six years old. (Third for Ben, second for Drew.) I'm sure it probably just seems normal to them, but I'm ready for us all to be home.

-Jeff

No comments: